We understand that our sustainability efforts require social progress along with economic growth and environmental stewardship. This is why we extend the scope of our sustainability impact beyond business operations, and make a difference by empowering people and the communities in which we live and work.
Owens Corning’s strategic philanthropic areas of focus:
- Promoting and enabling safe and efficient housing solutions for those in need;
- Aiding those in need of basic shelter; and
- Providing basic health and education for those in need.
To achieve this, we encourage our employees’ volunteer activities and provide cash and in-kind contributions.
Nurturing the spirit of volunteerism is a part of our company’s purpose: Our people and products make the world a better place. We proactively promote volunteerism while providing support, encouragement, and recognition to employees who volunteer.
Key Performance Indicators
- Owens Corning encourages our global locations to participate in one or more community service projects each year.
- We achieved a 72% participation rate in 2016, exceeding our goal and reflecting our growing participation around the world.
- This was accomplished through various methods including plant open houses, community volunteer events, fundraising, community board service, and financial support.
As a global leader in building materials and composite solutions, we are aware that our products can make a substantial impact in critical needs shelters and safe, efficient housing for those in need.
Donations of building materials are focused in support of that strategy in several key areas:
- Building and rehabilitation of safe, efficient housing for those in need;
- Neighborhood revitalization projects;
- Revitalization of shelters and community centers; and
- Disaster relief.
Request a Product Donation
Is your organization a registered 501(c)(3) charitable organization?
Will the product requested be used for one of the following:
- Sheltering or providing basics needs for otherwise homeless individuals;
- Providing safe, affordable housing for those in need;
- Revitalizing neighborhoods in areas of need; or
- Providing home repair for those in need?
Is your request specific, including product name and quantity?
Are you able to pick up donated product?
If you are able to answer “yes” to each of the four questions above, please proceed to the link below to submit a request.
Bringing People Together to Build Homes, Community and Hope
Owens Corning’s partnership with Habitat for Humanity continues to help the company deliver on its purpose: Our people and products make the world a better place.
The Owens Corning Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was established in 1978 to enhance lives through charitable contributions. The foundation supports Owens Corning’s stakeholder communities throughout the U.S. and across the globe through strategic partnerships. Additionally, the foundation engages employees through multiple programs designed to encourage volunteerism and giving.
The Owens Corning Foundation seeks to make significant impact in the areas of critical needs shelter and safe, efficient housing, basic health and educational opportunities for those in need. This is accomplished primarily through strategic charitable partnerships. A current three-year partnership with Habitat for Humanity International supports neighborhood revitalization in Owens Corning communities across the U.S. and international house builds in countries like Haiti where recovery from a devastating earthquake in 2010 is still ongoing.
The Foundation supports, encourages and recognizes employee giving and volunteerism through a variety of programs:
- Matching gift programs that match employee charitable donations up to $2,500.
- Matching gift opportunities to provide assistance after natural disasters that affect Owens Corning communities.
- Global Volunteer of the Year Award, a program that honors employee volunteerism and includes categories for individual employees, teams of employees, and retirees. Honorees are able to direct a $10,000 gift to the charity of their choice.
- Enhancing Lives Grants – Plants and facilities may apply for grants for eligible community charities once per year.
- Dependent Employee Scholarship Program – The fund assists children and legal dependents of Owens Corning employees who demonstrate scholastic aptitude and financial need in order to help them reach their full potential
Our giving programs are designed to enhance lives by contribution to charitable programs in Owens Corning stakeholder communities worldwide.
For additional information, please contact by mail or email:
The Owens Corning Foundation
One Owens Corning Parkway
Toledo, OH 43659