Superior performance with a wide range of applications
As the demand for zero-energy buildings drive the need for better-insulated and airtight enclosures, moisture and hygrothermal performance become increasingly important considerations in the design process.
Dr. Achilles Karagiozis, Director of Building Science at Owens Corning
How we can help.
Experts in the field of hygrothermal can help architects to understand the physics of heat and moisture transfer with technical application of cutting-edge tools for performing combined energy modeling and hygrothermal analysis
Moisture Analysis and Regional Design: Assistance in the design process, utilizing WUFI hygrothermal analysis software and expert interpretation, provides insight into regional design considerations and the potential for moisture and mold issues within exterior enclosure assemblies.
- WUFI software uses the latest findings regarding vapor diffusion and moisture transport in building materials
- WUFI enables realistic calculation of the transient coupled one and two dimensional heat and moisture transport in walls and other multi‐layer building components exposed to natural weather
- WUFI® is an acronym for Wärme Und Feuchte Instationär—which, translated, means heat and moisture transiency
All-Phase Consultation: Professional consultation services during all phases of construction—at no extra cost.
- Knowledge of current building codes, test standards and application techniques
- Recommendations for specific products and consultation on good design practices
- CAD drawings to enhance bid and installation accuracy
Tapered Roof Insulation Layouts: Assistance with tapered roof insulation design, including detailed installation shop drawings for low-sloped roofing applications and layouts of insulation quantities.
Specification Review: Review by our AEC Team that affirms master specification for accuracy of sections in Divisions 7.
Division 7 Thermal & Moisture Protection eBook: View valuable Division 7 materials including product data sheets, 3-part system specifications, ICC-ES Code Reports and more.
RainBarrier® Continuous Insulation
Thermafiber RainBarrier® products are designed for exceptional performance in rain screen and cavity wall construction applications. New RainBarrier HD & RainBarrier 45 provide energy saving continuous insulation (ci), fire protection, and acoustical control while efficiently draining water from a wall cavity system. RainBarrier products are non-combustible and compatible with common wall ties and air barrier systems.
Vegetative Roof Assemblies (VRA) are sprouting up all over and the U.S Coast Guard Headquarters 300,000 sq. ft. VRA in Washington, DC, is a prime example.