SureNail® TechnologyThere's a line between a good shingle and a great shingle.
It’s the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail® Technology — Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design — The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ — A unique “triple layer” of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip — The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance — The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection
Owens Corning blends copper-lined granules into our colorful granules, which help resist algae growth.
Ditch the streaks - protect your home’s curb appeal
Algae species are naturally occurring and transported through the air to attach themselves to shingles and other surfaces. While algae growth can cause brown or black streaks on roofs, it does not impact the performance of your shingles. Streaks caused by algae growth are more common in warm, humid climates but can occur in all regions of the country. Owens Corning has continued to advance our algae resistance protection based on over 30 years of testing and experience. Shingles with StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection can help inhibit the growth of blue-green algae*.
Owens Corning Shingles with StreakGuard™ Algae Resistant Protection:
- Are supported by the #1 Trusted Brand in Roofing†
- Helps inhibit the growth of algae* to keep your home beautiful
- Gives homeowner peace-of-mind based on decades of Owens Corning testing and experience with algae resistance protection
- Is available on a wide variety of shingle styles and colors— ask your contractor for specifics
- Has a limited 10-year warranty*
*See actual warranty for details, limitations and requirements
†2016 Roofing Homeowner Brand Awareness Survey by Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories. To see the wind resistance warranty on this product, refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab.
In areas where severe weather is common, consideration should be given to shingles that offer an impact resistance feature.. The UL 2218 Test Standard is a common classification system that provides a method of rating impact resistance for asphalt shingles. Four Class designations for impact resistance are available with Class 1 the lowest (least impact resistant) and Class 4 the highest (most impact resistant). Patented WeatherGuard Technology has at its core an integrated polymeric backing material on the back of the shingles that allows the shingles to meet the industry’s highest classification for impact resistance—UL 2218, Class 4 Impact Resistance. Corresponding ProEdge STORM® or WeatherGuard Hip & Ridge Shingles are required to complete UL 2218 Class 4 Impact Resistant Roof System for warranty coverage*. Homeowners may qualify for insurance premium discounts—check with your insurance company. For more information on WeatherGuard Technology, click here.
WeatherGuard® U.S. Patent #6,228,785.
*See actual warranty for complete details, requirements & limitations. Not a guarantee of performance in all weather conditions.
TruDefinition® Color Platform
TruDefinition® is our color design platform trademark on shingles that are specially formulated to capture the bright, vibrant hues and dramatic shades that showcase the aesthetic appeal of your home. Shingles feature multiple-granule colors and shadowing to provide an extraordinary look that will enhance your home and complement its natural surroundings.
|Warranty Length *||Limited Lifetime (for as long as you own your home)*|
|Wind Resistance *||130 MPH|
|Algae Resistance *||10 Years|
|Nominal Size||13 1/4" x 39 3/8"|
|Shingles Per Square||64|
|Bundles Per Square||3|
|Coverage Per Square||98.4 sq. ft.|
- 3-part spec (pdf)
- 3-part spec (word)
- Data Sheet
- Install Instructions
- LEED Certification - Roofing Shingles 1
- UL Evalutation Report
- Owens Corning Roofer's Guide
- CSA A123.5 2
- ASTM D3161 (Class F Wind Resistance)
- UL 790 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- UL ER2453-01 3
- UL 2218 (Class 4 Impact Resistance) 4
- ASTM D228
- ASTM D3462
- ASTM D3018 (Type 1)
- ICC-ES AC438 5
- ASTM E108 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- ASTM D7158 (Class H Wind Resistance)
* See actual warranty for complete details, limitations and requirements. Lifetime warranty (for as long as the original homeowner owns their home).
**110 MPH is standard with 4-nail application in accordance with installation instructions. 130 MPH is applicable only with 6-nail application in accordance with installation instructions.
+This image depicts Triple Layer Protection® and the amount of Triple Layer Protection may vary on a shingle-to-shingle basis. SureNail® Technology is proprietary with U.S. and foreign protection including U.S. Patent Nos. 6,471,812; 7,836,654; 8,156,704; 8,181,413; 8,240,102; 8,430,983; 8,607,521; 8,623,164; 8,752,351; 8,991,130; 9,121,178; and other patents pending.