Helps Protect Against Nature's Elements
Add a tough, yet beautiful layer of defense with strong adhesion that resists blow-offs from the roof deck.
Owens Corning® Starter Strip Shingle helps save time by eliminating the need to cut shingles to create a starter row. It is packaged two pieces per shingle, 16 shingles per bundle. The continuous sealant ensures an effective seal between the starter and the first course of shingles.
|Shingle Size||13-1/4" x 39-3/8" (337 mm x 1000 mm)|
|Piece size||6-5/8" x 39-3/8" (168 mm x 1000 mm)|
|Shingles per Bundle||16|
|Pieces per Bundle||32 (6-5/8" x 39-3/8" [168 mm x 1000 mm])|
|Lineal Feet per Bundle||Approximately 105 (32.004 m)|
1. Available in fire-rated (FR) versions. Visit www.owenscorning.com for product specification data sheets applicable to these products.
2. All values are approximate.
3. Maximum allowable thickness at 1,000°F (538°C): Type I-HP - 8.5" (216mm); Type II-HP - 6"(152mm).
4. The surface burning characteristics of these products have been determined in accordance with UL 723, ASTM E84 or CAN/ULC-S102. These should be used to measure and describe the properties of materials, products or assemblies in response to heat and flame under controlled laboratory conditions and should not be used to describe or appraise the fire hazard or fire risk of materials, products or assemblies under actual fire conditions. However, results of this test may be used as elements of a fire risk assessment which takes into account all of the factors which are pertinent to an assessment of the fire hazard of a particular end use. Values are reported to the nearest 5 rating.
5. Preproduction qualification testing complete and on file. Chemical analysis of each production lot testing required for total conformance.
6. Includes core weight
7. Includes core weight.
^ Excludes non-Owens Corning™ Roofing Products such as flashing, fasteners and wood decking.
It takes more than shingles to protect your home. It takes an integrated system of components and layers designed to help perform in three critical areas.
^ Excludes non-Owens Corning® roofing products such as flashing, fasteners and wood decking
Even though we’re a global company, we’re always ready to answer your questions. Call to speak with an Owens Corning representative so you can start your project right away.1-800-GET-PINK