The Path to Flourishing
The path to a flourishing employee is found in the work experience where wellbeing and purpose meet talent and challenging opportunities in a supportive environment. For Owens Corning, there are four interconnected areas of focus reflected in our development, safety and wellness, capability and growth mindset programs.
- Employee fitness and nourishment
- Disease prevention
- Living safely
- Environment for human performance
- Employee code of conduct
- Corporate giving
- Support to our communities
- Respected brand/image
- Leading through our values
- Inclusive workplace and diverse workforce
- Leaders who challenge and connect
- Communication and engagement
- Meaningful and shared goals
- Skill development for job complexity
- Optimal work flow and design
- Supportive environment
- Job-level, collaborative decision making
- Personal and professional development
- Competitive and caring
- Training and development
- Retirement and financial planning
- Health and social benefits
- Work-life balance support
- Broad based incentive programs
Safety is a way of life – at work, at home, all the time
At Owens Corning, our commitment to safety is unconditional, and working safely is a condition of employment. We believe that all accidents are preventable and we have a clear goal to achieve zero injuries.
Health and Wellness
Building a lifetime of wellness
Employees who are safe and healthy can be engaged and successful in their work, and able to enjoy life outside of their job.
We aspire to build market leading businesses; global in scope – human in scale. How we care about people is how we show we are a unique company; our employees are at the core of everything we do. We are committed to nurturing our internal talent, thereby strengthening the foundation for long term success and sustainability. We are building a diverse and creative workforce through training and development programs, learning opportunities, and incentives. We are committed to work-life balance and ensuring our employees are safe and healthy.
Key Performance Indicators
- Owens Corning is committed to ongoing workforce development that focuses on both the quality and quantity of development beyond basic compliance training. In 2015, we are committed to at least 13 hours per employee with the expectation with a continual increase in 2016.
- Owens Corning surpassed our goal by tracking 30 hours per employee in 2015; this result reflects our commitment to our employees' growth. The training tracked in this goal includes formal learning conducted across the company (classes, eLearning courses, structured on-the-job). Informal training is excluded.
- Owens Corning’s employees are our number one asset and we are committed to our employee’s development. For 2016, we are demonstrating that commitment by striving for 30 hours of training per employee focused on both the quality and quantity of development beyond basic compliance training.
Diversity and Inclusion
Fostering greater diversity in our global workplace
Owens Corning's success is driven by our ability to attract, engage and retain the most talented and high-performing employees. We provide an environment where the most outstanding talent in the world feels welcomed, respected and valued for who they are and their contributions.
Owens Corning has been a signatory to the UN Global Compact since 2010. The UN Global Compact is a strategic and voluntary policy initiative for businesses that are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
The elements of our Supplier Code of Conduct and Employee Code of Conduct reflect these principles, however, in 2015 we saw the need to be even more explicit on human rights as separate and distinct policy.
In 2016, we are continuing to consolidate and amend our Human Rights policy to fully embrace the many factors that constitute our actions and ability to positively influence human rights conditions in our world. This will include benchmarking best in class companies and creating a framework for action.