How to Use Design EyeQ® Roof Design Visualizer
Imagine, explore, design, and experiment to find your dream new roof with help from the Design EyeQ® Roof Visualization Experience. The virtual tool will guide you to “try on” roof colors to discover the right style for your roof.
Let’s get started with these four easy-to-follow steps!
Design EyeQ® Visualization Experience User-Friendly Guide
STEP 1 – GETTING STARTED
- Visit the Design EyeQ® Visualization Experience webpage
- Enter and submit your ZIP code in the pop-up box to automatically load the shingles available in your market.
Need help? Customer Service is always available by clicking “QUESTIONS” in the upper right corner on the Design EyeQ Roof Visualization Experience webpage.
STEP 2 – SELECTING A PHOTO
The Design EyeQ visualization software provides two options to help you get a picture-perfect sense of how your new roof will look before you make the purchase.
The tool will prompt you to either:
Option 1: Upload an exterior photo of your home
- Select “UPLOAD A PHOTO”
- Click on “TAKE / UPLOAD PHOTO”
- Take a photo or select a photo from your device (mobile, tablet, computer) and then click on “START YOUR PROJECT”
Note: You can also have your uploaded professional photo prepared with the Pro Upload service for a small additional fee.
Option 2: Select from existing pre-loaded images that closely match the style and color of your house.
- Capture your home straight-on rather than on an angle
- Choose a time of day with natural light to minimize shadows
- Include some of the scenery around your house to capture your home in its natural setting
STEP 3 – DESIGNING & EXPERIMENTING
With your uploaded photo in place, the tool will prompt you to start experimenting with different shingle lines and styles and apply colors available in your area to customize the exterior design elements.
- Have fun designing by navigating the wide range of color and shingle line options
- Your selections will automatically get applied to the roof in your photo
- You can edit and adjust the roof lines by clicking “EDIT IMAGE” and following the instructions or use the auto-detected default settings
- Additional edits to refine your image can be made using tools available at the left of the photo
- For additional design inspiration, watch videos embedded in the site
- Don’t forget to click “SAVE” on your work before moving to the next step!
STEP 4 – SAVE, PRINT OR SHARE
When you are happy with your finished design selections, you can save, print the picture for reference, share it via social media, or create a PDF and send it to an Owens Corning Roofing Contractor Network member for an estimate.
- Create an account or login if you already have an account
- Click “SAVE”, enter in a name for your project (e.g. Duration® Driftwood) and click “SAVE PROJECT”
- To print or to create a PDF, click “PRINT”, click “PRINT THIS PAGE” or “DOWNLOAD PDF”
- To share your design (send via email, get link, or post to Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest), select from the icons to the right of the image.
This blog post is based on Pub. No. 10024601
Owens Corning strives to accurately reproduce photographs of shingles. Due to manufacturing variances, the limitations of the printing process and the variations in natural lighting, actual shingle colors and granule blends may vary from the photo.
The pitch of your roof can also impact how a shingle looks on your home. We suggest that you view a roofing display or several shingles to get a better idea of the actual color.
To accurately judge your shingle and color choice, we recommend that you view it on an actual roof with a pitch similar to your own roof prior to making your final selection. Your roofing contractor may have gotten permission from previous customers to include their homes in a project portfolio that potential customers can go view, so ask your roofer about that.
Color availability subject to change without notice. Ask your professional roofing contractor for samples of colors available in your area.
THE PINK PANTHER™ & © 1964–2020 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved. The color PINK is a registered trademark of Owens Corning. © 2020 Owens Corning. All Rights Reserved.