StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection
Owens Corning blends copper-lined granules into our colorful granules, which help resist algae growth.
Ditch the streaks - protect your home’s curb appeal
Algae species are naturally occurring and transported through the air to attach themselves to shingles and other surfaces. While algae growth can cause brown or black streaks on roofs, it does not impact the performance of your shingles. Streaks caused by algae growth are more common in warm, humid climates but can occur in all regions of the country. Owens Corning has continued to advance our algae resistance protection based on over 30 years of testing and experience. Shingles with StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance Protection can help inhibit the growth of blue-green algae*.
Owens Corning Shingles with StreakGuard™ Algae Resistant Protection:
- Are supported by the #1 Trusted Brand in Roofing†
- Helps inhibit the growth of algae* to keep your home beautiful
- Gives homeowner peace-of-mind based on decades of Owens Corning testing and experience with algae resistance protection
- Is available on a wide variety of shingle styles and colors— ask your contractor for specifics
- Has a limited 10-year warranty*
*See actual warranty for details, limitations and requirements
†2016 Roofing Homeowner Brand Awareness Survey by Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories. To see the wind resistance warranty on this product, refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab.
ENERGY STAR® Rated Shingles
ENERGY STAR® is for roofs too. Similar to the energy-efficient appliances in your home, roofing products can provide heating and cooling saving qualities. Owens Corning Roofing Shingles can help reduce your heating and cooling bills when installed properly. Certain shingles reflect solar energy, decreasing the amount of heat transferred to a home’s interior — and the amount of air conditioning needed to keep it comfortable. Actual savings will vary based on geographic location and individual building characteristics. Call 1-800-GET-PINK® or 1-888-STAR-YES for more information. ENERGY STAR® is available on the following colors: Shasta White
|Warranty Length *||25-Year Limited (for as long as you own your home)*|
|Wind Resistance *||60 MPH|
|Algae Resistance *||10 Years|
|Nominal Size||12" x 36"|
|Shingles Per Square||80|
|Bundles Per Square||3|
|Coverage Per Square||100 sq. ft.|
- 3-part spec (pdf)
- 3-part spec (word)
- Data Sheet
- Install Instructions
- LEED Certification - Roofing Shingles 1
- UL Evalutation Report
- Owens Corning Roofer's Guide
- ASTM D3161 (Class F Wind Resistance)
- UL 790 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- UL ER2453-01 2
- ASTM D228
- ASTM D3462
- ASTM D3018 (Type 1)
- ICC-ES AC438 3
- ASTM E108 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- ASTM D7158 (Class H Wind Resistance)
* See actual warranty for complete details, limitations and requirements. Lifetime warranty (for as long as the original homeowner owns their home).
**110 MPH is standard with 4-nail application in accordance with installation instructions. 130 MPH is applicable only with 6-nail application in accordance with installation instructions.