SureNail® TechnologyThere's a line between a good shingle and a great shingle.
It’s the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail® Technology — Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design — The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ — A unique “triple layer” of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip — The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance — The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories. To see the wind resistance warranty on this product, refer to the TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS tab.
Algae growth may cause brown to black streaks on roofs but this discoloration does not impact the service life of the shingles. Algae species are transported through the air and growth occurs to varying degrees in all regions of the country; especially those subjected to warm, humid conditions. Algae should not be mistaken for fungus growth, soot, dirt, or moss. Almost all types of roofing systems are susceptible to algae discoloration. Where noted on the individual Product Detail page Technical Specifications tab, Owens Corning provides limited warranty coverage on some of our shingles for algae resistance. For full details of coverage, refer to the actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.
TruDefinition Color Platform
TruDefinition is our color design platform trademark on shingles that are specially formulated to capture the bright, vibrant hues and dramatic shades that showcase the aesthetic appeal of your home. Shingles feature multiple-granule colors and shadowing to provide an extraordinary look that will enhance your home and complement its natural surroundings.
ENERGY STAR® Rated Shingles
ENERGY STAR® is for roofs too. Similar to the energy-efficient appliances in your home, roofing products can provide heating and cooling saving qualities. Owens Corning Roofing Shingles can help reduce your heating and cooling bills when installed properly. Certain shingles reflect solar energy, decreasing the amount of heat transferred to a home’s interior — and the amount of air conditioning needed to keep it comfortable. Actual savings will vary based on geographic location and individual building characteristics. Call 1-800-GET-PINK® or 1-888-STAR-YES for more information. ENERGY STAR® is available on the following colors: Shasta White
|Warranty Length *||Limited Lifetime (for as long as you own your home)*|
|Wind Resistance *||130 MPH|
|Algae Resistance *||10 Years|
|Nominal Size||13 1/4" x 39 3/8"|
|Shingles Per Square||64|
|Bundles Per Square||3|
|Coverage Per Square||98.4 sq. ft.|
- 3-part spec (pdf)
- 3-part spec (word)
- Data Sheet
- Install Instructions
- LEED Certification - Roofing Shingles 1
- UL Evalutation Report
- CSA A123.5 2
- ASTM D3161 (Class F Wind Resistance)
- UL 790 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- UL ER2453-01 3
- ASTM D228
- ASTM D3462
- ASTM D3018 (Type 1)
- ICC-ES AC438 4
- ASTM E108 (Class A Fire Resistance)
- ASTM D7158 (Class H Wind Resistance)
* See actual warranty for complete details, limitations and requirements. Lifetime warranty (for as long as the original homeowner owns their home).
**110 MPH is standard with 4-nail application in accordance with installation instructions. 130 MPH is applicable only with 6-nail application in accordance with installation instructions.
+This image depicts Triple Layer Protection® and the amount of Triple Layer Protection may vary on a shingle-to-shingle basis. SureNail® Technology is proprietary with U.S. and foreign protection including U.S. Patent Nos. 6,471,812; 7,836,654; 8,156,704; 8,181,413; 8,240,102; 8,430,983; 8,607,521; 8,623,164; 8,752,351; 8,991,130; 9,121,178; and other patents pending.